Mediterranean Body Scrub
French lavender Mediterranean body scrub
I miss the Mediterranean sea. When I say I spent my childhood in France, that time was split between Bordeaux (luscious vineyards, winding roads, sloping valleys and hills) and the Mediterranean coast (seagulls, fresh smell of the ocean, warm bread wafting from the local boulangerie). The sea is where I go to unwind, where the sun kissing the vast abundance of blue allows me to hit the reset button on life, if only for a moment. Breathe in, breathe out and we’re home. A return to grace.
I was meant to go back to France this June, but with COVID-19 my trip has been cancelled. To make me miss home a little less, I decided to make a Mediterranean inspired body scrub. I lather this on during a shower, applying my body butter right after and I am always left with memories that keep me warm and baby-soft skin that lasts me through the day.
Let’s all carry a little bit of the French sea with us, shall we?
1. Pour 3/4 cup of fine Mediterranean sea salt and 1/4 cup of coarse Mediterranean sea salt into separate bowls.
2. Mix a sprinkling of lavender buds into the fine Mediterranean sea salt bowl.
3. Mix the coarse Mediterranean sea salt into the fine Mediterranean sea salt.
4. Add in 1/4 cup of jojoba oil.
5. Add in .1 oz of seaweed extract (Optional). I like the subtle smell and seaweed is a great skin hydrator, regulating sebaceous gland activity.
6. Add 3-4 drops of peppermint or tea tree oil for a tingly twist. Stir together.
7. Lather between wet hands and massage into body in circular motions. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Follow with some luxurious body butter.